Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wet Kids and Kisses

Hi all (all 3 of you that is). Today is dawning bright and sunny after a weekend of rain and clouds. But the rain did it's job on this dry April and everything is really starting to green up! The kids and I were outside enjoying the 55 degree cloudy weather yesterday. I was dutifully raking leaves and pulling off the old foliage from last year so that my newbie plants would be able to find the sunshine today and hopefully take off! The girls, who have already declared it summer and will wear nothing with long sleeves and must be severely coaxed into long pants and socks, were running around practically naked, having a ball. Coopy was exploring our entire back yard - all 1.1 acres of it. That boy is so curious! Rocks on the steps? Nah, doesn't hurt my knees one bit (he's still crawling folks but the walking is one step closer every day). Mulch? Yum! Leaves? I'd better have a few hundred in each hand. Wet mud? Forgetaboutit! Too fun! And don't get me started on the rainwater in the birdbath. Thankfully, mommy remembered to make everyone wash their hands before we came in for a snack (I'm usually painfully unaware of dirty hands).

Remember on my last post about everyone being healthy? Yeah. That very night I came down with a humdinger of a cold that I'm just now getting over. I assume I caught what Cooper had since we're still in the wide-open-mouth-kisses stage (him, not me). I can't complain. Soon Coop will learn to keep that wet drooling mouth closed and do the 'proper' kisses and I'll be done with those enthusiastic, all-loving, drooly wet expressions of his sweet love for me.

Well, I've been promising the girls since yesterday morning that we'd make cookies and the time of reckoning has come. I'm off to do some super-mom baking with my kids. I hope you all enjoy the sun today!

No comments: