Thursday, May 07, 2009

Same old same old

It's a good morning. Birds are singing. Sid the Science Kid is on. Dishwasher is already going (major accomplishment). My non-science kids are naked (have I mentioned before how much they like to be naked?) and playing "kitchen", bringing me all kinds of delicacies like chicken soup and toast along with a fork and knife to help me eat them. Cooper has spotted me and is crawling at top speed towards me so that he can push some buttons on the computer. ;klsdh See? I'm thinking we're going to have a good day. I'm proposing a nature walk this morning, followed by some lunch, a nap (for Coop) and, if it hits 75 degrees today, some swimming in our pool (the blow-up kind). I promised Cate that when the temp reached 75 then they could swim. She's been chomping at the bit ever since. Yesterday when I picked them up from preschool the van's thermometer was registering 76 degrees but by the time we got home it had dropped to 72 degrees. Major disappointment. Then this evening I have our last MOPs meeting of the year. MOPs is always a great time. So, yeah, I think it's gonna be a good one. Of course, it's only 9:00 am so any number of things could throw us off course. But I'm gonna be optimistic today!

Life has been good in Schwakeland. We've all been cycling through with the cold that Cooper had. I got it first, then Cate, then Scott came down with it last week and I think Clare is on the verge. But it's not a major cold, just a bothersome one. We've been enjoying the good weather, taking walks, working in the garden, riding bikes/trikes/scooters in our cul de sac. All good and fun things. We went to Scott's cousin's wedding this weekend in Waterloo. This was the first one the kids have gone to and the girls were enthralled with the bride and her beautiful dress. Who of us can't remember getting to stay up late and dance at a wedding reception when we were little. It's so much fun!! Of course, when we were kids we never noticed what complete BEARS we were for then next 3 or 4 days because we were so needing to catch up on sleep. That's for those grown-ups to worry about.

There ya have it. The lowdown on us here. Good times. But I'd better go now. Clare is badgering me to let her have the computer to play some games on http://www.pbskids.org/. It's starting already! We're gonna have to have a couple of computers when these kids are older just so mom can have some time on it!

Enjoy your week. More pictures soon.

No comments: