Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good to Go

Since the croup incident, we've had a relatively normal week. Cooper continued to have cold symptoms and developed an ear infection which was very predictable. So at his 15 month well child visit we didn't get the shots but got a prescription for antibiotics. He's recovering from that nicely (antibiotics are my friend). And he's growing like a weed. Big head, just like all the other little one's. None of the other kids or adults came down with any severe cold so that's good. Healthwise - we're all good to go.

This weekend I celebrated my 41st birthday. Whoo hoo. Friday evening found me with my girlfriends having a scrumptious dinner at Redstone. mmmmmm. On Saturday morning (my birthday) my mom came up and we spent the day shopping. Ikea, General Store for lunch, S.R. Harris fabric outlet (LOVE that place!), DSW and Marshall's. We had a great time together and got some fun stuff.

Yesterday was cold, rainy and blustery. We had been cooped up in the house all day and the city bill needed to be paid. So I had this FABULOUS notion to throw the two older kids in the Burlie and Coop in the babyseat and bike into town (about 2 miles) to pay the bill. But I first had to get down the bike and the Burlie, both of which my husband chose to store on the ceiling of our garage!! So I had to get up on the ladder and retrieve them and may I just say that my bike is stinkin' heavy!!! That was a workout in itself and it left a few bruises to proove it. Then I found helmets for all the little one's and myself. Got pants, shoes, coats on all and strapped them all in. I was a bit nervous about Coopy in the babyseat since the last time he was in it the bike tipped over and knocked the wind out of him! Thankfully, my extra nervousness paid off and he was safely on board (along with the other 2 in the back) with me riding. Normally a 4 mile bike ride would be nothing for me but let me just tell you about the cards that were stacked against me. 1) We live in a very hilly area -getting into town was a breeze, coming home...not so much. 2) And by breeze, I mean very brisk breeze (see the beginning of this paragraph) which was helpful on the way there, and on the way back, again not so much. 3) This was my first time on a bike this year and not only did I have to haul my own body around but 3 little children who together added 110 extra pounds as well as the burly which was probably an additional 10 to 15 pounds. Let me just say that by the time I got home, I thought I was about to expire! I had coughing fits the rest of the day from opening up the farthest reaches of my bronchial tubes in my efforts to get air into my body up that last agonizing hill. But it was all good. I figure if I do that enough times, I'll have thighs of steel!

Today dawned sunny and beautiful. I hope we can be outside a bit today. If any of you have followed the link on this page to Stellan's blog then you know that sweet Stellan is in a very risky surgery right now to try to fix his little heart. I just saw a twitter from Mckmama that said it's been 3 hours with no news whatsoever. Please be in prayer for her and Stellan today.

We are all so very blessed. I hope you have a blessed day as well!

No comments: