Sunday, September 03, 2006

Summer's Over

Our labor day project this year was landscape lighting for our front gardens. I say our, but really it was Scott who did all the work. We're just waiting for it to turn dark so we can see what adjustments we need to make. All to increase curb appeal. Scott actually had about 20 things on his list that he wanted to accomplish this weekend. He's only gotten 2 things checked off. I wasn't dumb enough to make a list. I was just looking forward to the long weekend with nothing on our agenda but the lighting project (which I was uninvolved in). So far I've accomplished getting my nails done, watching a movie, grocery shopping and a start on laundry. Oh, and I organized the kids clothes into storage bins. That's it and I'm totally fine with it.

Scott and I went on a spur of the moment date on Tuesday night. We called up the neighbor girl at 6:30 who amazingly was instantly available. We took off shortly after and went to a movie in our old neighborhood of Hopkin! We wanted to see Nacho Libre but were a little too late for it. So we saw Prairie Home Companion instead. It was marginally funny, but all the old geezers in the back thought it was hilarious. We stopped for a beer at Big 10 afterwards. It was a nice quick get away for us both.

Well, thats about it. I can't believe summer is over! Its rainy and cold today - very fall-like. I love fall though so I'm not sad at all. I'm looking forward to the crisp weather and wearing sweaters. I love the look and smell of the leaves turning and of fires burning. I like visiting fall festivals and craft fairs. I'm going to visit one in October in Rosemount that was featured in Country Living magazine. Its called Haupt Antiek. Should be fun. Also in October, I'm going to Chicago with Sharla and Nancy which should be a super fun time! We're going to the musical Wicked and doing a bunch of shopping. Cate starts a quasi pre-school next Friday called Play Pals. She gets dropped off one day a week for 2 hours to play and do art and sing...sort of like pre-school. I think she'll love it. Yep. Lots going on in the fall. Love it.

Gotta go. Its time to eat.

No comments: