Wednesday, September 13, 2006

RealAge crap test!!

As if I needed another reason to be down on myself... I saw this online test called RealAge which supposedly tells you what your biological age is compared to your actual age. It asks all kinds of questions from basic (height, weight) to detailed (history of family cancer, if you wear a seatbelt). Its actually quite comprehensive. I'm always optimistic at the start of these tests. I really thought I would come out at my age or younger. I don't think I live that bad of a life and in general, consider myself healthier than most. So I take the test and the result is that I'm biologically the age of a 41.1 year old person!!!! I'm 38! What's with that!? The worst part is that I sent it to Nan, who is several years older than me and Sharla, who is one month younger than me. Nan came out at 41.7! She's almost younger than me. And Sharla came out at 35!!! I think they cheated.

I guess my high age is due to a high cancer risk with my family history, I don't eat all my veggies, and I don't do any strength training. Plus, I already have arthritis (have you seen my deformed finger - totally 70 year old lady hand). But, the beauty of the test is that they give you a "Plan" and you're supposed to work on 3 thing then retake the test in a couple of months and see if your age went down. So I started thinking that maybe I should be doing a bit more to stay healthy. I do have two very young daughters and I need to be around for them. Can't go off and have a heart attack when they're in puberty. So I decided to start doing situps, pushups and lunges 3 times a week. I started last night and am sore today already. Sad. I've also decided to start counting my points, weight watcher's style. I did this a few years ago and it helped me lose about 10 lbs. Hopefully by being more active and eating better, I'll shed some weight and put myself a long ways towards being here a lot longer. I started counting points today and already had 2 peices of chocolate. I'm going to have to watch it for dinner!

On a completely different note, I have a friend here at work who is a complete conspiracy theory dude. He never takes anything at face value and believes that our government is covering up everything and is completey inept and/or corrupt. Its interesting how zealous he is in what he believes. I always hear him out and ask questions about why he thinks the way he does. He's a very intelligent man and he does do a ton of research to back up his opinions. He never completely convinces me but he always makes me think more about certain issues. His latest theory (and many others believe this as well) is that the 9/11 attacks on the towers were orchestrated by the Isreali's with help from key personel in our government. He pointed me to a very interesting website and article which makes some very strong arguments for pre-placed thermite explosives in the twin towers and tower 7 that caused them to completely collapse within their own footprint. The article details how the collapses could not have been caused by the airplanes or the ensuing fires. Its super intersting and well documented and researched. I can completely see how this might be the real cause for the collapse. However, he didn't point me to any information as to who was behind it all. I'm sure he has a ton of reasons for why he thinks its the Isrealis/our government but he didn't share those with me. Now, while the evidence is quite convincing, I do not know how to access other documents that might be as equally thought out and documented that disprove all of the theories in the above article. Therefore, I can't definitively concur with my crazy co-worker. But it does get me thinking that nothing is black and white. It gets me thinking about the role the media plays in swaying the public's opinion. It gets me thinking about how much power our government has to keep information from us. It makes me think how ignorance is bliss, sometimes. I don't really want to think about my government being behind the murder of thousands of innocent civilians. Its easier for me to think that some stranger in a far off land who hates us did it. But am I right to close my eyes and ears to hard scientific evidence? No. But to really get all the facts, I would have to spend a ton of time on it. And, frankly, I would rather spend my time focused on my family than finding ways to maybe possibly prove that someone somewhere is lying about something.

So, you are privy to some of the ramblings of my small little brain. I'm done babbling. I need to turn my attention to this weekend and the daily stuff that needs to get done. We're heading up north to our lake property this weekend with the girls. We'll be spending one night in a hotel but the other night we're making a go of it in our 70's avacado green camper (the Master - see pic). Should be interesting. I'm hoping the colors are at their peak up there, but I doubt it. I need to pack for everyone and get groceries too.

I also have to get a present over to Sharla's for Paige and Payton, her 3 year old twin girls. Its their 4th birthday this weekend and we're going to miss it. Happy birthday girls!! Have fun at the party!

4 comments:

Strats said...

RealAge = 31.7

Chuck said...

RealAge = 33.7

Chuck said...

ok, I took it again - putting more time into it.

RealAge=34.9

Anonymous said...

i didn't lie!!!!!