Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Gobble Gobble



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have safe travel, eat tons of food and watch lots of football. Be thankful you're not a turkey, especially this one!

We'll be traveling to Waterloo to spend the holiday with Scott's family. I'm bringing 4 pies down - 2 apple, one pumpkin and a mystery pie. I haven't quite figured out what the mystery pie will be yet. Something easy and delish! Our plan is to stay there a couple of days and then leave our girls down there overnight on Saturday while Scott and I head home to put up Christmas lights and possibly do some Christmas shopping. Then we'll meet halfway to pick up the girls on Sunday evening. We'll see if that works out though. I think Clare may have an ear infection so I'm taking her to the clinic today so that if she does have one, we can get the antibiotics working and get her out of her misery.

Attley had his 2nd chemo treatment yesterday and seems to be more perky than after the first one. They also did an examination on his back left leg. He's not been as active as we think he should be and I've noticed him favoring that leg (as much as he can favor it considering he has hip problems on the other back leg and only one leg in front). They didn't find anything that warrented an X-ray which is good. Scott and I were a little worried that maybe the cancer was showing up in another bone. We'll just keep an eye on him in the meantime.

Can I just say, that I'm really happy that I'm not a workaholic! I've had two discussions in the last two days with workaholics. Being a workaholic has very adversly affected their lives. I made a decision when I had Cate to cut down to 3 days a week at work. It's been hard for me watching other people climb the ladder faster than me and to be getting smaller bonuses than everyone else. But the payoff is incredible. I do not want to become either one of these people who are having relationship troubles and health issues. My pride is nothing compared with spending time with my kids and husband, and being healthy so that I can be with them for a long time. That being said, I don't really think I'm in any danger of being a workaholic considering I really don't like to work that much. What, you say? You're not passionate about staring at spreadsheets all day crunching emission calculations and responding to last minute urgen client requests?? Um. No.

Well that's about it for this post. Remember these important words as you're imbibing this weekend: "You can't say you've been drinking all day if you don't start first thing in the morning." Thank you very much. I'll be here all week.

No comments: